Friday, October 12, 2007

I'm so excited!!!

In January, my dishwasher broke. I dragged my feet for a while about calling the repairman. Finally I did and then cancelled it the day before they were to come because Chuck heard on the news that some of the models were recalled and we thought ours was from the year that were included in the recall. Then, we found out we barely missed the recall and well, we just never called anyone back. Chuck wanted to just buy a new one and I felt we needed to get it repaired to save money. Well, today we had a lunch date that happened to be right near the Maytag appliance store. We stopped in and then told them our dishwasher was about 8 years old and the motor had completely burnt out on it and we needed to see what the cost was for a service call. Apparently, because we have really hard water here in the valley, it is very hard on dishwashers and were told that they only last about 8-10 years on the average here. So, instead of a repair job, we picked out a new dishwasher and it will be delivered next Friday! I'm jumping up and down I tell ya'! I'll save so much time and back ache not leaning over a sink so much!

Speaking of my back, I finally went to the Dr. about my back pain as well as hip pain and headaches. He has ordered x-rays, diagnosed my hip pain as Bursitis and has prescribed a new anti-inflammatory to try. We'll see...

3 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Congratulations on getting the new dishwasher. I hope things work out for your back. The desert photos are lovely.
Joanne

Connie said...

Good for you Angie-between the medicine and the new dishwasher hopefully your back will soon feel better!
...and your prayer garden photos are beautiful. i love all the textures and subtle colors - can't wait to see how you use it in your art!
connie

Karen Owen said...

Oh, I'm jealous! I want a new dishwasher, but mine is working so I'm stuck with it. I hope your back feels better.

Karen