Thursday, October 8, 2009

What a week!



Well, last Friday, Max woke with flu-like symptoms running fever. He did not get to back to school until Tuesday, when Sam then came down with the same virus! I have been trapped at home for a week now. However, I have used the time well, I think. I got a lot of things cleaned out an organized and have gotten a few projects done. I was commissioned to make a gift journal and finished it yesterday. Here it is:



The recipient loves the sea thus the scripture passage and color palette. On the inside, I added this little vinyl pocket of sand with her name and a single pearl buried in sand.

I also pulled out the art doll I started in Katie Kendrick's class over TWO years ago! YIKES! I finished her today and put her up for sale in my Etsy store. I hope she finds a happy, new home soon.


I also made two more special order dolls for the same buyer who ordered the last ones. I got those and the little tomato costume shipped off today.

Tomorrow, I'll finally have both boys back in school for the day then they'll be back out for not only the weekend, but all of next week! It is their fall break. This weekend, I'll be working on another special gift order and then have more projects I want to complete. I'm trying to get some things made to sell while still trying to reorganize and clean things out in my apartment. I still one one mess art table that needs my attention badly!

I look forward to a morning walk tomorrow after dropping the boys off. The temperatures have been so amazing, I can't wait to have some time out in the crisp morning air! I've been keeping windows open all day and it's been wonderful!

4 comments:

Judi said...

LOVE the journal! Your work is so beautiful. Wish I had your eye.

Joanne Huffman said...

Your journal is beautiful. I notice your enchanting doll is holding a kitten. I hope you enjoy your walk.

NanAZ said...

Hey Angie, Sounds like you've been busy!

Thanks for the comment about Kevin and his cat. He says that the Professor even fetches too.

I'm glad to hear from someone who's lived in MS. From what I'm reading Meridian has a pretty depressed economy right now, but part of the reason he chose this job over one in Bethesda, MD is that the cost of living is so low and he wants to save money to go back to school and finish his degree hopefully.

It's nice to know someone's reading the blog. Thanks!

Caterina Giglio said...

gorgeous gift journal!