Wednesday, March 21, 2007

charity art auction on e-bay

A fellow artist runs a no kill shelter in Tennessee and is having an art auction on e-bay to raise money for all the animals she cares for. The artwork was donated by artists around the world. I donated a beach glass bracelet, an altered board book, and seems like something else but I can't remember! My pieces haven't been put up yet. Anyway, here's a note from Bernie about the auction:
Greetings from Bernie Berlin and A Place To Bark!!!This is just a little note to let you know that our art auction for "A Place To Bark" has gone live this week. We have some of the best known artists in the mixed media & publication arenas featured, as well as many artists who need to be known and showcased. All the artwork is just fabulous!!! I will continue to post the art over the next couple of weeks, we have quite a bit, so please check back often...Since we moved to Tennessee a year ago we have rescued close to 400 animals all of which would have been put to sleep. Our rescue is growing and so are our vet bills and expenses. The humane societies in Chicago and Wisconsin have been such a blessing with the placement of the animals. All animals are placed within 7-12 days of arriving there.Without their help and the help of the artists and animal lovers we couldn't do as much.So I'm asking that you spread the word of the auction to all your art and animal loving friends and contacts. Together we can help the animals that can't help themselves:)We're hoping to build a small shelter this summer, after our vet bills are paid, so fingers crossed..
Here is the link to the auction: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZaplace2barkQQhtZ-1/ Updates can always be found on my blog at: http://www.aplacetobark.blogspot.com Thanks a million to all of you that support me, create the art and those of you that rescue & love the animals!!!
Bernie Berlin
"A Place to Bark"
http://www.picturetrail.com/thecre8tivei
http://www.aplacetobark.com

Now go look and Bid!!!!! If, for some reason, my e-bay link doesn't work, go to Bernie's blog address and you will find it there... along with the sweetest pictures of all these babies she saves. But be prepared to shed some tears along the way if you read much of the stories about these animals. I so admire Bernie's endless dedication to these animals. I guess you could say she's one of my heroes. See, when I was a little girl, I wanted to be a vet and I had a plan to do exactly what she is doing. But by the time I got to high school, I realized 2 things: (1) you had to go to school like, forever, to be a vet... yuk! (2) and most importantly, I knew that emtionally, there was no way I could handle either job... being the vet or having an animal rescue. I knew I'd be a total sobbing wreck all the time. So, there is a little of me in what Bernie does and she has my utmost respect and admiration. God is surely with her giving her strength and courage every day. And she does see such joy in the midst of such unjust suffering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie, I think it's cool the way you've been donating your art to good causes. How neat that artistry and generosity can merge.
Joanne

Kathy McElroy said...

Thanks for the link to Bernie's auction. I borrowed your idea and posted it to my blog. Hope you don't mind. I want to do anything I can to help out. I've already placed a few bids. I hope I win!