Wednesday, July 18, 2007

ArtUnraveled name badge


Every year that I've attended ArtUnraveled, I have waited until the very last minute to make a name badge. I refuse to spend countless hours on something with my name labeled on it so, I always want something quick because I'll never use it again. So, this year, I decided to make my badge actually fit into a category for the badge contests. I chose the category of found objects. So, I dug out my box of rusty doodads and broken stuff. I used part of a computer board, although I'm not sure that's what it's called... it's shiny green with little wires and things running on it. Anyway, I glued a shift key, from an old keyboard, onto this piece of computer board, which, by the way, already had little holds in the corners for hanging! I make my badges like necklaces. Anyway, I used patina solution on the whole thing then added on some rusty hardware parts and an old chain with lobster claw that has a natural patina from age. Then, I rubberstamped my name in gesso and rubbed a little glaze on it to dull the brightness. So, here it is. Now, with this post, let's see if Blogger straightened itself out and actually shows my photo in the post. If it doesn't show, click on the title of the post and it should show up. I wonder if anyone else is having this weird thing happening with blogger... anyone? Gosh, maybe no one really reads my blog to answer that....

10 comments:

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

oh i want one...someday i will get to a convention...until then...blessings, rebecca

Darya said...

I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your nametag, and that I DO read your blog!

Hugs,
Darya

Anonymous said...

VERY cool, Angie!! Have a wonderful time at AU!!

Kathy McElroy said...

I love this Angie. Very cool and very unique. I bet you get a lot of comments on it. Have fun at Art Unraveled. Wish I was going. I n't wait to see what you create.

Joanne Huffman said...

The name tag looks really cool and I know you know I read your blog because I often leave comments. I know you're going to really enjoy yourself at Art Unravelled.
Joanne

Connie said...

This is terrific Angie. You should be making them as pendants with inspirational words instead of your name, and selling them!
connie

Anonymous said...

Oooh cool! This is so unusual and unique -- LOVE it!

linda t said...

All I can say is WOW!
I am so loving altered art! And you are a master!

Marrianna said...

I will look for you and your wonderful name badge at AU 2007. Now if only I can create something as wonderful. Guess I best look at the categories again. Marrianna in Flagstaff, AZ

Anonymous said...

I think this may be the coolest name badge I've ever seen!!! Hope you have a blast!!!

Beth M :)