Sunday, September 30, 2007



Here is my first try at doing a painting on Yupo paper. If you don't know what Yupo is, it is a paper that is actually a plastic and is being used by watercolor artists. I got a piece to play and didn't really know what to think of it since it actually resists the pigment instead of it absorbing into the paper. Painting an actual picture on it is an interesting process that has to be done in phases with drying time in between each application. If you don't like what you painted, you can rewet it and rework it. It's very odd. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Anyway, this is my iris. I think I still need more depth of color in parts of the background, especially near the bottom.





Here are a couple of cards I made. You will probably recognize the photo of the painting I did of Rei, which was made into the cat doll. The other card is done with a gesso transfer on muslin and collaged with other elements onto cardstock. I just love black cardstock! Here is a book I bound recently. It is bound with single pages instead of folded pages and is sewn with 4 needles!




Here are some pictures of me and my sweet minya. I took these myself so they aren't great but they are something.


2 comments:

Maija said...

How is your dear Minya?

Joanne Huffman said...

cool art and you can tell in the photos how much you love Minya.
Joanne