Saturday, December 8, 2007

Fran's gift


I delivered Fran's gift to her yesterday and am pleased that she loved it. I had difficulty getting a good picture of the whole piece since it measured more than 40 inches in length and is skinny. But, here are some shots I took of it. It consists of 40 beaded prayer pillows to commemorate Fran's 40th birthday. I attached them all to a triple folded to create tubes on the outside edges which I slid dowels into. I added a beaded hanging wire and beads off the bottom. Each pillow has a different fabric and is beaded differently. Fran's picture of the over all piece is better than mine. You can see it on her blog: http://artsyfran.com







And, I forgot to post the picture of my little rusty metal building fronts I purchased last weekend! Aren't they darling? The largest one measures about a 4 inch square.


Last night, Chuck and I drove in the pouring rain downtown to the Phoenix Convention Center for a 25th Anniversary celebration dinner/fundraiser for Neighborhood Ministries, which was started by a woman in our church 25 years ago. It is an inner city ministry that has grown from a small food bank to a large series of buildings for a food/clothing bank, clinic, classrooms, church, etc... and the next phase of buildings is in the works. It was amazing to see what God has done. There were over 800 people at the event last night! We were given a beautiful book at the end of the evening full of photos and the history of Neighborhood Ministries. If you would like to learn more about this amazing ministry run by Kit Danley and her very supportive husband, Wayne, you can log on to http://neighborhoodministries.org

3 comments:

Maija said...

Oh, Angie! It's beautiful and so special! I bet Fran balled her eyes out when she saw it!
You did wonderful work!

Serena Lewis said...

A very clever and special gift! I love the bead trim too ~ :)

Anonymous said...

God is awesome isn't he? I love how things happen to us, in the past, that seem horrible at the time and then we can look back and see how He let that happen for an incredible reason.

The gift you made is so incredibly beautiful too!