Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Place to Bark update

This is what Bernie has to say on her blog about the "competition":
UNBELIEVABLE!!! We are now in the Top Five, as of this post!!!! 
But the heat is on, the other badges are aware of us and we have to keep asking, begging and trying to get everyone to donate ten dollars. 
It has only been 6 days and look at how far we have gotten..
We need to be one of the top four to win the fifty thousand dollars. 
We are very close, but still so far away..

I really hate to plead, but truly if you have ever thought about donating, now is the time to do it..
Just think, if you donate and we win, every time you read my blog, you can say to yourself...
It is because of me, because I took the time, to spread the word, to donate, that this shelter was built and that these animals were saved and are alive. 

I can't do this alone, I need my friends and all animal lovers to take a part in helping me, help the animals that can't.
So please ask, your brother, sister, friends, family members or a perfect stranger you see with a pet:) 
Most love animals and this is for them..
I've learned to swallow my pride and ask for help.. A very hard thing to do sometimes, but it is all for the greater good!!



This Badge does take PayPal:)

It makes me sad that we have to compete for this money. 
All the charities that are trying to win are
ALL very important. 
No one of us, is any better than the next and I wish in a perfect world, we could all support the charities we love.

I really try not to write too much about all the bad things, that I see, that happen to the animals down here.. 
Most who read my blog, can't handle to hear about it, just know that they are awful!!! I have seen most first hand.
Gas chambers, puppy mills, shootings, starvation, abuse, you get the horrid picture:(

I try to focus on all great things we do, the fabulous dedicated rescue people I know and network with, the wonderful program we have started and continue to grow with the
Anti Cruelty Society in Chicago, and over the past year, have qualified for other programs with Humane Societies elsewhere, that have successful spay and neuter programs. 
Not to mention all the great private adoptions we do and the dogs that go to the pure bred rescues we network with!! 


Bernie has been trying to get enough money to build a shelter for years now.  I have cried more tears over stories of horrible, unthinkable abuse to many of the animals she has rescued.  So now I"m begging... if you haven't taken a minute to donate even the minimum of $10. to help her, PLEASE do it now while she actually has a chance of winning this badge competition for more money!  What a thrill it would be to watch this shelter be built knowing we all had a part!

OK, I'm off my soapbox and heading to the shower for the day.

No comments: