Saturday, February 9, 2008

Scored!




OK, a quick shopping trip yesterday won me these treasures!  The very cool vintage box of Fairy Tale film strips complete with records which tell the stories, 



diary from 1902 ( many entries but also some stretches where the woman didn't write... but there's also a ledger in the back listing costs of things which is so interesting! ) Isn't her writing gorgeous?  The book is in excellent condition with a tight spine.  I was shocked when I realized the book was over 100 years old!  Oh, and get this... this woman had a daughter with the same name I had chosen if I'd had a girl!  Clare Elizabeth!  What are the chances?  
Anyway, I also got all these cool laces, trims, ribbons, etc... many retro, many sparkly, and as you can see, some very cool vintage pieces.  The bright colors remind me of "Day of the dead".  I'm thinking of selling this stuff... although I might have to get a snippet of each of the vintage trims cuz they are so gorgeous!  

any thoughts?  My only concern with the Film strip box of goodies, great for altering, is the weight and size would be sufficient postage costs, I'm thinkin'. Of course, if someone didn't care about the box, they just wanted the canisters of films and records for altering, then maybe postage wouldn't be an issue.  What do you guys think?

9 comments:

Kathy McElroy said...

Wow, what cool finds. more great stuff to play with.

Karan Simoni said...

Wow lady... You did score big time. Don't you love it when the junk Gods allign and you happen to be in the right place at the right time? I owuld list it on ebay as a bulk trims under vintage. They usually go for pretty high prices...

Thanks for sharing
Karan

the glitzy gypsy said...

the trims are yummmmy!
hugs,
brenda bliss

Joanne Huffman said...

cool stuff!

Joanne

Rowan Willow said...

I would say you scored...what incredible finds. I saw your name on the One world~One heart event and I wanted to say HELLOOO. I'm in Surprise AZ, and I also have a son named MAx. Please, stop by my blog and checkout my giveaway.

Spreadin' the love :0)
Rowan Willow (alter/artist ego)
aka Tiffany

Natasha Burns said...

Hi Angie,
Thanks for stopping by my blog! You got some lovely bits and pieces!!!
As for a currency converter, I use this one - I've set it with AU to US$ for you so you just need to put the amount in the left bottom box and click 'go' for an estimate. (US$ is worth more than the AU$ so it is always favourable for you!)

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi

Thanks,
Natasha

Karen Owen said...

Wow! You scored big time! Those trims are gorgeous. About the box with the films & stuff - would it all fit in a large flat rate priority box? Then it would be about $9 to mail - not too bad.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Please oh please hold on to the films for someone who wants them as is (not for altering). I remember those fairy tales from my youth, and they are such a wonderful find. As much as I love altered art, I hope you can find a buyer who will cherish them for what they are, not for what they may be.

Good luck!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh what cool things you found! Did you get them at the thrift store? I love to go thrifting! It's like a treasure hunt! :) Marva