Sunday, November 4, 2007

One less tooth and a new painting!




I just finished this painting based on the scripture verse in Matthew 7:13,14. It says: "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many eter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." (said by Jesus) I am sensing God wanting to teach me what this means in a broader sense for every day life. When I read the verse, although it is not new to me, I saw this picture in my head and created it on a 16x20 canvas. It only took me two days! And, I discovered that a caulk transfer will work with a magazine image! :)

On a family note, Max lost his first tooth on Friday. He had his teacher pull it. He was so excited!

8 comments:

Karen Campbell said...

This is beautiful, Angie!

Maija said...

It's beautiful Angie, and very moving.

Connie said...

Very inspirational and a bit haunting. Lovely, Angie.
connie

Anonymous said...

i love your painting angie. and max is adorable as ever :0)

Joanne Huffman said...

It's a very strong image in a subtle setting - great imagery.

Max is a cutie pie with his missing tooth.

Joanne

Vale said...

Your painting is absolutely breathtaking. It draws you right in and makes one want to climb those steps. You should be extremely proud of this work of art, Angie. Beautiful!!
Vale :)

Yvonne said...

Angie, I saw this in the artparty folder and was transfixed. The image just spoke to me and so I followed your link to your blog. Upon reading your entry I knew exactly what pulled me in. God has been really pushing me to deal with some situations one of which is staying on the narrow path even when a double wide bus looks like it's coming my way. Faith in his divine intervention! God bless you for this beautiful work and for the passage, I'm going upstairs to read my bible... and now I know where to start. Yvonne

joanieART said...

Mystical and so inviting. Well done.