Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lazy day

After church today, the boys and I came home and I did a bit of cleaning, some work on the computer, a haircut for a friend, and I'm craving chicken tortilla roll ups with spicy avocado salsa from El Pollo Loco.

It's roasting hot here in Phoenix today. About 110. YUK! It is suppose to cool back off to the low hundreds in a few days though. My boys have been enjoying the pool every evening at dusk. I hate swimming and haven't put my suit on yet but tonight, well... it just might be too hot even at that time of day, to sit and not get in. As silly as it sounds, I spent time blow drying my hair out straight this morning and if I get in the pool, well, all that time was wasted. If I don't get in, I won't have to do my hair tomorrow. Gosh, I'm lazy when it comes to stuff like that!

Max has been one happy camper this afternoon. He built himself a cross bow out of two rulers and a rubber band. I gave him a piece of foam core on which he drew a target. He's had a bag of skewers for his arrows and has been shooting sticks into his target ALL afternoon, I kid you not. HOURS this has provided entertainment. Sam has had moments in the act too. It's been pretty quiet here with the exception of the sound of the skewers hitting the target.

Yesterday, I started working on a book idea. I painted the cover and now need to tear down my paper to bind it into a book. I'm trying to decide if the cover is finished or not.

Night before last, I took a sketch book and an Avon book to the pool with me and sketched faces of models while the boys swam. Now to have time to paint them. Too many other things have to take priority though. Lots to do.... lots to do.... It feels good to paint though.

Well, I have boys anxious to go swimming so I guess I'll go.

4 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Wow! I thought it was hot when it hit 91 in Missouri this week-end. Can you use a swim cap and just get into the pool up to your shoulders?

Joanne Huffman said...

I thought it was hot in Missouri at 91 degrees (well, actually, it was, it's just that Phoenix is hotter). I tried leaving a comment earlier today, but Blogger ate it.

Kelly said...

I just started an Artist blog hop over on my blog. Add your link and we can link to artists around the world. I love finding new artist blogs. Hope you join. Hugs. Kelly Watts

Giveaway Lady said...

Hey Angie,
My email is
esterried at yahoo dot com