Monday, July 11, 2011

Figs

Well, my fig tree is in high production mode. I have picked three different times and it's still loaded! However, the war of the birds has begun. They do not understand boundaries. The top half of the tree is theirs. The bottom half mine. Not sure if I will win another batch. There are a lot that should be ready by Wednesday. Here are some pictures. I think they are so beautiful. God really knows how to combine colors! LOL! Makes me want to paint. They are so inspiring to look at.





And then, there are the warriors in the battle... and they out number me, big time.

Snapped a couple shots of this one preening on the neighbor's fence. He looks like he has war paint on, ready to win this war they have waged, doesn't he?


If anyone has a great recipe using figs, please send it to me!

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

I love your fig paintings. Sorry I don't have any recipes.

Aiyana said...

I have a 6 year old Brown Turkey fig that is still only 3 feet tall and has produced only one edible fig this whole time. Figs are one of my favorite things that I can't find in the stores. Wish some local fig tree owners with prolific trees decided to sell some. I'd buy a bag full!
Aiyana