Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A little creative stuff today...

Well, I got to do a couple of notecards today, which is the most creative stuff I've done in many days. They are not fancy, but actually very simple. One is done in watercolor/gauche and obviously, it is a gourd. I made this thank you card for Michelle, who taught me how to carve gourds a couple of weeks ago.



The other two cards are photo cards. I've always been drawn to cards that are simple with just a cool photo on them. So, I took photos of my cactus skeleton and created my own versions. One card actually has a small piece of the skeleton on the card. The other, I tried something "different" and just cut up the photo and reassembled it. I like them both. I really like black card stock! :) And by the way, the photo stuff is actually straight on the card but when I cropped the photos, they are a little crooked!


I just finished playing a game of Sorry with Sam and I beat him... barely. The boys are in bed now but not asleep yet so I can't really relax yet! I do have a couple more cards to do but don't know if I'll get to them tonight. I'm tired and ready to go to bed myself.

1 comment:

PennyBlue said...

These are really neat. I like the cut up idea!