Monday, May 28, 2007

Max's magnets....

were a flop! The ink from my printer ran on the paper even thought I sealed it. Then, I added a little more of the clear stuff last night and it made the whole magnets look cloudy and ugly. So, since I didn't have enough bottles caps or enough magnets, I needed to try to salvage these. I got out my alcohol inks and inked them then added a very thin layer of the Aleene's paper glaze and sprinkled a very light sprinkle of fine glitter. Max thinks they are beyond cool. Here they are:

My only disappointment, really, is that I'd wanted them to be something that was a personal gift FROM HIM! It hasn't turned out that way. Next time I'll take my images to kinko and have them laser printed... or send scans to Fran and bribe her to print them! I'm thinkin' it wouldn't take much of a bribe! LOL! Anyway, maybe Max can make pretty cards or something. Bummer!

4 comments:

Fran S said...

These are very cool. And no bribes necessary. Time wiht you is a perfect trade any time! :) xoxo Fran

Anonymous said...

They are still very pretty! Even without Max's artwork! I think him making a card is a GREAT addition. If I were a teacher, I'd be delighted to get something handmade like this!! :)

Joanne Huffman said...

Cards are a great idea. Keep the magnets for another occassion. And, good luck with Etsy; you make incredibly beautiful things, so it should go well.

Connie said...

angie did you seal the paper first and then cut it out? i did this using resin over my photos and the edges ran - the raw edges where i cut the pictures out weren't sealed. but you're right, a laser print should work every time. i think the magnes still turned out way cool.
connie