Saturday, June 16, 2007

Journal clasp reworked and a special gift



Well, I got the journal clasp problem solved and it works. Not my original first choice but it works.


I also quickly made a little carry bag for Sam's Pokemon cards from a discarded cut off leg of a pair of sweatpants! It has a velcro closure and tabs to pull it open as well has little handles. Maybe now the cards won't be scattered from here to kingdom come at any given moment.


And look at this amazing, gorgeous vintage door knocker with patina done the natural way! Fran gave this to me! It's it just beyond belief? She got it off a door in her old house in Kansas! She hadn't intended to give it to me just yet but I happened to spot it on a shelf and gasped LOUDLY while grabbing it and screaming wondering where she got it! LOL! Sorry to spoil your surprise Fran but oh my, I am so in love with this piece and am looking for a special place to hang it! Thank you Fran!!!

5 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Angie, it's an incredibly cool door knocker, what a thoughtful gift from one artist to another. It may not be what you intended, but I like the new clasp (and I love the photo of the hand dying).
Joanne

Connie said...

Beautiful Journal, Angie.....and what a great door knocker. are you going to put it on your front door? or how about your bedroom door? (the boys would love that!).
Your blog is so much fun to read!
connie

Wabbit said...

The journal is beeee-you-tee-ful! And I would have done the same with that cool door knocker. I can just see/hear you screeching!

linda t said...

Oooh, I love the knocker too! What a lovely gift from your lovely friend! Are we not blessed to be on the recieving end of such generousity!!! Yes, we sure are!

Karen Campbell said...

Wow ... that knocker is awesome!