Friday, March 13, 2009

Tis the season

No, no... I know it's not Christmas... 'tis the season for my spring allergies to throw a party. I feel my yearly, seasonal laryngitis trying to take front and center. I'm going to do my best to win this battle! UGH! It's so exhausting. I always know when I can smell the indescribable scent of citrus blossoms in the air and I inhale deeply wishing that I could smell like such a glorious scent, I know trouble is lurking around the corner for my body. But oh, I just can't help breathing in that amazing smell. I don't know that I'm allergic to the citrus blossoms actually... I just think that everything else is blooming all at the same time and it's the citrus that just stops me in my tracks as I close my eyes and breath in the scent as deeply as I can and let out a little "Ahhhhhh". If you have never smelled citrus blossoms, you are missing out on one of God's greatest created scents. Truly you are. I believe it's a scent representational of the creator of them. I believe God must smell something like this!

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Alas, pollen is starting to rear its ugly head here in the midwest - even though we don't have any buds or blooms yet (although, I did hear a bird singing today). I hope you feel better soon and keep your voice.

Joanne