Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Another class sample

OK, so today I did another mixed media fabric postcard sample and got the class proposal written and sent out. Here's the second sample for the class:
For the gesso transfer, I used a photo of the Chihuly glass balls. For this one, I used clear gesso instead of white. A little bit of a difference in clarity. This one was done all by hand instead of machine.

And, yesterday, I got to see Fran and hear about her trip to Italy. Look what she brought me back from Venice!!! It's it absolutely stunning?! I need to have one of my boys take a picture of me wearing it. I tried to use photobooth but it just didn't do the pendant justice at all. I don't think any photo can, truly. It's so amazing!

Whew, now to focus on what to work on next... I have book commissions to get finished.. better go there....

3 comments:

Seth said...

Very cool! I really like the circle theme here and the stitching on the edges.

Fran Saperstein said...

It was so great to see you again! I really enjoyed catching up. I'm so glad you love the pendant! xoxo, Fran

Joanne Huffman said...

The class sample looks beautiful. Your students will be very lucky. The pendant is a lovely gift from a lovely person to a lovely person.