Monday, February 7, 2011

Beaded Prayer Totem






I am offering a new class in my home on Friday evening, Feb. 18th from 6:30-10 pm. I'd love for you to join me!


Beaded Prayer Totem

For centuries, in many different cultures, beads have been associated with prayers. In this class, we will create something beautiful as a reminder of those prayers which we will write and encase in small beaded prayer pillows. Our pillows will then be mounted to form a totem. This class will be very relaxing. The beading process is very meditative. We will make 5 prayer pillows to our totem. The totem itself will measure approximately 6 inches in length without the hanger and beaded trim. These also make a wonderful gift of blessing to someone close to you.

This is a very relaxing project to work on. Very meditative and therapeutic. I do hope you will be able to join me!
The cost for the evening is $25.00. All other supplies provided. ( but you may want to bring a pair of scissors.) You will also receive a complete instructional handout to take home. Snacks will also be provided for the evening.

Please r.s.v.p. as soon as possible as space will be limited.

*If you have cat allergies, please know that I have three cats in my house. If you are interested in the class and cannot come, please contact me to schedule a class in your own home and invite friends to join you!

I'd appreciate it if you could please pass this on to other creative friends who may be interested in this class.
Hope to hear from you soon!

On another note: Registration for CREATE retreat starts tomorrow! I'd love for you to join me in Costa Mesa at this awesome retreat! Head on over and check it out! Click on the icon to the right!

2 comments:

Judi said...

Love, love, love your gorgeous prayer pillows! Wish I lived in town to attend. Haved you posted the class to your Facebook? Blessings to you, friend, as God allows you to earn a living using the AMAZING artistic talent He has given you!

Joanne Huffman said...

It's a beautiful piece and I'm sure your class will be wonderful.