Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bathing a cat

OK, so bathing a cat isn't something I've ever given serious thought to. However, I've never had one accidentally go into the toilet! Oops! Guess Kenzy didn't know it wasn't a chair! Let's just say that it was an interesting experience but it could have been worse. I didn't get bit or clawed to death but I tried to maintain a good grip on his out of the way of his claws! And hey, maybe if I get him use to it now, I can bath him more often in summer during shedding season. Or, he may learn to really like water as some cats do. He accidentally went into the bathtub with water night before last. He's learning the hard way, I think.

On a different note, it's raining here in Phoenix and those of you who know me, know how I feel about it. However, it did not stop me from my walk. I purchased a rain poncho last month so I put it on and went on my way after doing some other exercises at home first. Exercising with a kitten is proving to be a challenge. If he's not untying my pants, he's after my hair, fingers, or toes. Anyway, I walked in the rain. I'm glad I thought to get rain gear last month after walking with an umbrella last month. That's not easy to do. I have reached my weight loss goal plus an additional 1/2 lb. loss. Anything else I lose from here out is icing on the cake. I'm not going to focus on it but just keep eating healthy and doing my exercises. I feel so much better. Walking seems to be saving me right now, on some level. Life is still really, really hard and not much end in sight.

The construction is still under way. My house still looks like a bomb went off in it after two months now. There is no room for a Christmas tree and, in fact, there is no sign of Christmas here in my house. I've done no shopping, no cards, no decorations, no baking, no nothing.

After the first of the year, I will be starting back to work after being a stay-at-home mom for about 9-1/2 years. For those of you who haven't known me that long, I am a hairdresser. I worked in the industry for 3 years before I got my license and then continued for another 14 years, until I had Sam. When I quit, I was still enjoying it and good at it. I still enjoy doing the haircuts I do on friends and family but now it's time to head back into it full force. I'm most concerned with my ability to balance everything... wife, mom, Bible Study teacher, artist, housekeeper, errand runner, friend, and now work... or should I say, more work that I actually get paid for. That part will be really nice! It will be an adjustment, that's for sure. But, I am looking forward to seeing some of my old clients again, hoping I can still find them all! I'm sure many have moved but hopefully, I can locate many of them.

Well, I suppose I need to eat breakfast and see what I need to get done today. The boys only have 2 days left of school before they are out for the holiday. I wish I were looking forward to it! I'm a scrooge this year. Anyone want to come play referee for the next couple of weeks?

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

hmmm...maybe the cat thinks the toilet is a whirlpool cat tub. Good for you for achieveing your goal and maintaining your exercise schedule.

Joanne