Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Women's Bible Study

What a powerful morning! Today was our last day of Bible study for this particular session, which has gone for 2 years. It was a time of celebration washed with many tears. Everyone loved their books. And I've learned something. Obviously, I learned lesson in perseverance while making these books, but I'm seeing a bigger lesson. The greater the sacrifice the greater the love.. and the bigger the blessing. My love for these 17 women seemed to increase the harder it was to create these books for them. And, when they receive them, their acceptance of them was also acceptance of my love for them. In accepting my love, I was blessed as much, if not more, than they were by my giving of my heart to them in a tangible way.

Next Tuesday is the beginning of a mini-Bible study that will only last 6 weeks. Then, we are out for the summer and don't start back until September. This summer will be a big deal for me because I have been asked to teach Women's Bible study next year.... a class about doing art with God..more like doing art as a response to or dialog with God. I'm very excited about this but nervous too, since I've never taught women. I've only taught kids! And, there's no curriculum so I'll be starting the class from scratch. It will be an interesting journey.

3 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Angie, you certainly worked hard enough on the books for Bible Study. They're truly a gift from your heart. I think you'll do a wonderful job teaching the next class.
Joanne

linda t said...

Angie, you will be awesome... the perfect person... that is what you have done for sooo many... shared the love of Christ through your art.
I will be praying for you as the Lord shows you His plans for this class.

Judy Scott said...

How wonderful, I've only read two of your posts and you sound special,the ladies will love to make art with you and God. The prayer garden sounds so perfect, I need to find a place where I feel safe and not be disturbed but can be alone with God.
Thankyou for the wonderful message you left on the cps quilt group message board, Im pretty quiet in the group so its nice to have such a lovely message just for me. Sending love to you ~ Judy x