Thursday, December 18, 2008

Just stuff


Here's one of the latest shots of Kenzy. He's quite a character. This is such a sweet shot of him in one of his few restful moments. On a different note, I'm wondering if there's goat somewhere in his bloodline. Finicky is not a word that could ever be used to describe this cat. He'll eat anything! He acts like I don't feed him. Tonight, I tossed together some Great Northern beans with garlic, Parmesan, and parsley and yes, he was eating them. Weird cat. You can also see how wild he gets when he helps with laundry as he was here:
Today was the last day of school for my boys until Jan. 5th. It's gonna' be a long break for me. Hopefully they'll like each other for the next several days... or if anyone has advise to help with the bickering, tattle telling, etc... please leave it in a comment! I'll need all the help I can get. They obviously see a referee hat on my head and it's not one I want to wear! Maybe I could ship them off to see Grandma in Cleveland!

Tomorrow morning, I am meeting a woman who is losing her hearing. I agreed to meet with her to tell her my own story and share with her how I have coped with my hearing impairment. I hope to be some sort of encouragement to her.

Saturday, my mom is having our family Christmas lunch and then, that evening, is an annual Christmas party we have gone to each year for at least the past 10-12 years. While I know and love everyone we see at this party, it still does not make me want to attend. I am just not a party kind of girl. It takes great effort to get me to a party... lots of self talk such as :
"You know that you'll enjoy yourself once you get there."
"It will be fun to get out of the house and be with other adults."
"It's your chance to catch up with people you don't see often."
"Just do what you always do... find one or two people and pow-wow in a corner all night."
The thing is, I hate small talk/ chit-chat stuff. I prefer deep, meaningful conversation and it's difficult to get at a party, ya' know? So, it's true.... I often end up with one or two people off in a corner all night. I'm not good at working my way around a room. I just hate it, even if I love every person there and enjoy being with them. If I could be with each person individually, that would make me really happy but that doesn't happen at a party! LOL!

I have to get my final paperwork faxed in tonight confirming my acceptance to teach at Art Unraveled. I need to get that done before I forget. I'm really, really tired and just want to crawl in bed. But, it's only 7:00! Well, intense emotional stuff can really wipe you out, ya' know? And I've got my share of it lately. I'm exhausted. So, with that, I'm going to go make sure my paperwork is in order and start heading my kids to bed so I can go myself! Kenzy is ready to curl up and sleep too. He just crawled up on top of my desk and has sprawled his body out between my arms while I type. My mom watched the boys this afternoon while I had my appt. so she wore Kenzy out playing. He'll sleep good tonight!

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

I was always grateful for mandatory public education. Just about every school in Michigan is closed today and I feel sorry for the moms trapped in their homes with their holiday excited kids. Kenzy looks adorable in his sleeping photo and full of mischief in his laundry photo. I hope things start to even out emotionally soon - it's a particularly difficult time of year for charged issues. Take care of yourself.

Joanne