Thursday, July 7, 2011

Spur of the moment class!!!!





Coming up at The Creative Quest:

Mixed Media Cards
instructor: Angie Platten
Join Angie in making three beautiful, one-of-a-kind mixed media cards perfect for every occasion. We will be using nature photos, making three different cards utilizing a photograph, a transparency, and a transparency transfer. We will mix the three focal components with paper, fabric, and stitching! *Instructor will provide all supplies

Saturday, July 23
10 a.m.- 1 p.m.
$20.00


(above) transparency

(above) photograph

(above) transfer from transparency

Ok, so I decided, spur of the moment, to create a card class for a rare, vacant slot on the book at The Creative Quest! Sorry about the poor quality photos. The cards were in sleeves on the display so they look distorted. But, you get the idea! If you are local, I'd love to have you join me!

I'm still rust dying fabric but have finally gotten all other items for Art Unraveled's vendor day tagged and priced! I'll continue rusting fabric right up to the end before the retreat. Each piece takes a minimum of 3 days to rust.. .usually 5-7. So, the pot continues to brew...

Also been working on some other samples for my class I'm teaching at Art Unraveled. Will post soon. There is still room in my class and I'd love you to join me! I'm teaching my "Beyond the Bag" book class learning to create a book using recycled plastic grocery bags. The concept can be used for many things. Think I will make a tote bag... need to get busy!

I've also been fig pickin'. And found that I break out in a rash from the leaves touching my skin. Not a pretty thing. I have a TON of figs on my tree still and have picked twice. I don't like them so I'm finding people to take them. When I pick, I just want to paint. The colors are so gorgeous!
I did do a fig painting once. Here it is:

(watercolor with pen/ink)

Oh, I'm gonna' fess up now... up until now, I have refused to learn to text. Well, about 4 months ago, my cell phone bit the dust but I couldn't afford a replacement. I kept putting off the whole process. Finally, I ended up at Costco last week. I was able to get a new phone for free, switched carriers and got to keep my old number, got more minutes and unlimited texting for less money than I was paying! WooHoo! So now I'm learning... and realizing that as a hearing impaired person, texting may be my new love.

.

No comments: