Saturday, June 27, 2009

exhaustion...



The past several days I have been working like a crazy woman only getting 5-6 hours of sleep a night... not enough for me. This morning, I got up and started working around 9:00 and only stopped to shower and do a haircut mid-afternoon... I stopped working this evening around 7:30. I've got serious muscle tension in my upper back and shoulder as well as my neck. Too many art hours full of intensity, I guess.

Today, I helped the boys finish 2 more softies, mended a Beanie Baby, helped make Beanie Baby super-hero capes, and did two collage pieces as samples for my kids art classes coming up. I now have all my samples and will put a table out at church tomorrow with them and flyers to help promote the classes for July. (I love days when I get to be in pajamas and do art! PJ's are the best art uniform!) I need to get a picture of Max's bird. It's my favorite so far and I can't wait to show it! It's soooo cute!

I also finished a small 5x5 painting that I had started yesterday. I'm kicking myself because I can't remember the name of the artist that prompted this but, she was doing watercolor on canvas. I wrote and inquired about it and she was kind enough to explain her process. It completely fascinated me since watercolor is really my chosen paint medium to work with but doing watercolor is very time consuming and then, when finished, you have to put out money for framing. Anyway, yesterday I decided to try the technique out. It is very different from working on paper as the pigment is not absorbed into the canvas as it is paper but, I really enjoyed it! I will be doing more!!!

I used my computer to take a quick picture... obviously it's a pajama, don't do your hair or make-up day!
The text in the upper corner reads "fall upon quietness".

Well, it's now time to hit the bed. I'm so dead tired.

No comments: