Thursday, October 7, 2010

Can NOT believe it...

These past few weeks, as my allergies have reared their ugly heads, Max, especially has been suffering. Both my boys have seasonal allergies with allergy induced asthma. I am able to take them off all their meds during the hot months but when the weather changes, we have to start back on maintenance medications. Max's sinuses have been draining like crazy which causes him to cough a lot. Anyway, last night, he complained that his ear felt pressure in it. I had already been thinking that maybe I needed to take him to the doctor for his allergies/asthma before leaving town but the ear comment was the push. So, I made an appointment for today after school. They wanted to do a strep test just to be sure. Now mind you, the kid has NO symptoms of strep so I'm confident it will be negative. NOT.... so I talked them into checking Sam too, just to be safe, since he was home Tuesday with nausea, although nothing came of that. He's been back to school two days. Ok, so BOTH of my boys test positive for Strep!!!!!!! When the Doctor told me, my gut response? "Get OUT!!!!" The Doc turned and started to leave the room asking if I really wanted her to leave! LOL! I was shocked. The boys were shocked. Max argued with the doctor but lost. I was suppose to go with Max on his first field trip of the year tomorrow morning! He's soooo upset! I had to call his teacher to find a fill in chaperon. Both boys will be home with me tomorrow. I'm incredibly thankful we caught this in time for them to get loaded with antibiotics before we leave town in less than 48 hours! Now ya'll, PULEEZE pray that I don't get it! I'm going to take my vitamins now....

Oh, on another note, the doctor made the assistant weigh Max twice because she thought something must've gone wrong the first time. He's gained 10 lbs. since April! You can't tell cuz he's a string bean but he's grown a few inches over the summer. I was glad to know he's gained the weight as his ADHD medication is an appetite suppressant and I stay on him to eat daily! So, that was good news!

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Hope you all are healthy in time to leave for your vacation.