Sunday, October 3, 2010

A litte catchin' up

My life is so busy. It' s hard to keep up. Time seems to whiz by me and here it is October! Holy Smokes! Now if it would just cool down and act like October! However, my body feels a change is coming because my allergies have suddenly flared. :( My allergies don't act up like normal people with a stuffy nose, etc... mine is sinus drainage that starts along with itching, and then I get hoarse and lose my voice. It's a comin'. I'm pretty croaky this morning. This stuff seems to hit out of nowhere too. I just hate it.

I taught a class at The Creative Quest yesterday, a small graffiti journal. It was fun to get messy with paint. I need to get busy and get some more classes on the book now. I had planned to work the rest of the day once class was finished but ended up heading home at 2:30 and crawled in bed. I slept until about 5:00. I felt so run down and worn out.

It's been a hard week as I went back to court yet again, this time however, my divorce was finalized. It's a great sense of relief and grief all rolled into one. It's been a long, hard, painful road. As relieved as I am, for more reasons that I can ever say, I am also blind sided with grief in odd moments knowing that I never, ever wanted to be a single mom. I never wanted to be divorced. I hate the sound of the word. I hoped and prayed different choices and decisions would be made over the past year and a half but they were not... things didn't change for the better but for the worse. So, after almost 25 years of marriage, I find myself divorced. I'm not going to go into details here but just know that this past year and a half have been the worst and best of my life. I know God has a plan for me and my future, one of hope. So I keep walking..

In one week, I will be walking the beautiful COOL beaches of California! I am taking my boys to Oceanside for fall break, our first vacation since May 2008! We have been gifted tickets to Legoland and the San Diego Zoo! We're so excited and counting the days. I don't want to over plan our trip so no other definite plans are being made beyond that. I don't want to feel I need a vacation from my vacation! Lots of beach walking is really what I want to do! The boys and I will also be doing a lot of photography as well as watercolor painting! They have both already given me their chosen paper size for their paintings but both want to work on individual sheets to be bound in a book upon our return so no bound books for them to carry around. I do need to pick up a couple of small clip boards though. I think I'll coil bind them when we get home.

Sam had a friend spend the night last night, one he hasn't seen in many months. It's been a miracle these two boys have managed to stay in touch after losing touch several times. They always manage to somehow locate one another again and pick up right where they left off. They have been friend's since first grade. Daniel moved during second grade and now, they are in 5th! They get along so well. I love that they are still friends even though they haven't gone to school together in almost 3 years and only see each other a few times a year. His family is moving again, this time, much closer than where they currently live so hopefully, there will be more play dates for them in the future!

Well, I need to go make breakfast for these boys and shower for church!

2 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Glad to hear you are still hanging in there.

Joanne Huffman said...

Good to see you posting again. Sorry about the allergies, but at least they herald cooler weather. Congratulations and condolences on the divorce - I think you're starting a very good chapter of your life. Sending prayers and positive thoughts about it.