Friday, October 8, 2010

The storm


As most of you probably already know, The Valley was hit with a HUGE storm the beginning of the week and many, many people got a ton of damage from hail. I did get a quick picture of the marble size hail we got. Lots of people got golf ball size! Eek! We were happy with marbles! LOL! The only damage we got was some of my plants got a bit shredded. :( But thankfully my van was in the carport so no vehicle damage and no broken windows either! But what a storm it was! Tons of rain!

I've pretty much got the boys things all packed up. I have to run out to my mom's to borrow another piece of luggage. Sam's suitcase is somewhere over at his dad's house and it's just easier to drive out to my mom's and borrow a piece than to track Sam's down. So my things are in a pile and I'll get them packed when I get the suitcase. Since I'm home with the boys, I couldn't run any of my last minute errands so I will do a few things this evening after they go to their dad's house and then a few things in the morning. Thankfully, our flight is later in the afternoon tomorrow so I won't be rushed in the morning. But geez, all the little details that have to be taken care of to go out of town are enormous!

Sam has busied himself learning his new ipod touch today. He has saved and saved to buy that thing and he is so happy. I'm stunned at how quickly he figures out any type of electronic equipment! I borrowed a friends GPS and am relying on Sam to get it set up! Then when I told him, he said, 'we won't need it because I have my ipod touch.'... Smarty pants. Regardless, I'm glad!

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Glad to hear you didn't have any storm damage. Have a great vacation!