Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New Camera



It stormed yesterday and really cooled off, finally! Thank you God! We had a gorgeous double rainbow. The colors were so vivid! Today, I have all my doors and windows open and it feels heavenly!

Those of you who have been reading my blog for a long time, know that my camera was stolen when I was robbed last June (2009). Well, to say I have missed it is an understatement. It was like part of me missing since I use to take pictures almost daily. I also realized that it was a tool I used to stay more connected and aware of God's presence around me. I have soooo missed my camera. Well, with vacation coming up, I finally caved and bought a new camera. I'm trying to learn how to use it before we leave on Saturday. Yesterday, Max got out on his skateboard and I played around with my action shot feature! It's a setting that takes many consecutive shots in a row. Now before you say anything, no, I don't usually let him ride without a helmet. This was the only exception I ever remember making. Here are a couple shots of him:


Oh, that head of long hair. It needs to be trimmed and this kid just refuses to even discuss it. Gonna' have to put my foot down. I told him last night that if I was going to let my son have long hair, it at least needed to be healthy long hair. But, at some point, I have to pick my battles. It is just hair, after all....

Sam is home from school today with nausea. Apparently the boy who sits next to him in class went home yesterday after vomiting at school. Not a good sign. Pray this passes quickly. So far, just nausea. We want it to stay that way.

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Glad to hear you have a camera again. I bet you take some really great photos in California. Love the rainbow and the skating pictures really are full of action.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Those are beautiful shots.
I have a few on my blog as well.

My 11yr old son is into skateboarding as well... although, I am not having the long hair issue with him. I am having the mohawk issue. LOL