Saturday, August 2, 2008

Altered t-shirt



Well, I was at Costco a while back and bought a t-shirt that I LOVED but, when I got home and put it on, I hated the really long, fitted style. The top part fit fine but I don't want something hugging my tummy! So, I decided to cut it off and make an empire waist dress from it! With just a little fabric and a couple of hours, I now I have new loose fitting and comfy dress! To give a bit of more finished look, I added a band over the seam where the two were sewn together. I'm happy with the outcome and think I'll be making more! It's so comfortable!

Tomorrow night is "Meet the Artists" opening night for Art Unraveled! I'm so excited. I still haven't packed up my supplies for my first class Monday so I better get a firecracker under my rear end!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool.

christygrant said...

Fun piece and looks very comfortable!

Kris said...

Really cute. You are clever!

Joanne Huffman said...

Neat dress. I hope to see you in it.

Joanne

Judy Rys said...

Congratulations, Angie! You won the jewelry pouch! Email your snail mail address and I send it off to you.
PS: Loved your piece in QA.

http:www.judyrys.blogspot.com

Terri Stegmiller said...

Great idea! That t-shirt looks very cool too, I can see why you bought it.

Aileen said...

What a cute dress Angie, nice inovative idea to fix things! :-)

Lorri Scott said...

Very cute and stylish! Will I see you wearing it at AU?

Lorri

Anonymous said...

Great job! Now we want to see a pic of you modeling your new frock.

jan

Anonymous said...

SO cute, Angie! and clever!

caseytoussaint said...

Great job - I so admire anyone who can create wearable clothes - this looks really cute.

Karen Owen said...

Very cute dress!

Karen

Nicole T said...

you have inspired me! I love buying clothes (usually at Ross or thrift stores) and altering them. Thats it, this week I am transforming a new top, keep an eye out!

jackie said...

Darling little dress! I made one many years ago for my niece - used a t-shirt but made it long-waisted - she loved that dress!
hugs,
jackie

Maija said...

I LOVE that dress, Angie! Very clever!