Friday, November 21, 2008

Just stuff

Well, the week has flown by. Construction is still consuming my house and I"m ready to bail. The mess is overwhelming as is all the noise... and constant flow of workers. Chuck says it should be finished in about 2 weeks but I think he's underestimating, although this is one time I'd LOVE to be wrong! I want my house back!!!

Yesterday, I worked on cards. I took my black card stock to Office Max and had it cut and then sat at a picnic table in the park for a few hours folding and adhering prints of my photos and artwork to them. I got quite a pile done. But wow, do you know how hard it is to find black envelopes? I have discovered an e-bay store where I purchase them so I have a huge order in route. I plan to sell these and am deciding about putting some in sets and selling some individually. The black card stock REALLY makes them 'pop' and I love the look of them.

My exercise program is still going well. I have not missed a day walking since I started 5 weeks ago. I usually go for a minimum of 45 minutes up to an hour. Some days longer. I also do yoga once a week and would LOVE to do more but the class times just don't work for me. I also recently met with a trainer that put me on a program of a lot of stretches and isolated strengthening exercises using a ball and weights. I'm pleased to be wearing clothes I've not fit into in over two years! I also feel a lot better and have still not had a bite of sugar and no coffee! My two loves! I am still eating pretty low carbs too.

I read in the boys classes this morning and then caught up with my high school girlfriend by phone while I walked this morning. Greta is one of those friends that you just pick up with wherever you left off no matter how much time passed between talks. She's always been a loyal friend to me for almost 30 years!

I promised the boys today that I'd watch "Star Wars: Clone Wars" with them so that will happen at some point this afternoon. I do have some errands to run and should get out the door to do that.

3 comments:

Judy said...

happy belated birthday - we share the same b'day.
xox

Rachel Biel said...

Just came over to thank you for your comment on Anne Lamott! Can't believe I never heard of her before...

And, I caught up a bit on your blog as I haven't been over in awhile. Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a really nice one. Congratulations also on the weight loss. My sister lost 40 lbs by cutting out sugar, decreasing carbs and eating small portions several times a day. I don't have the discipline!

Joanne Huffman said...

Good for you for sticking to your exercise and good eating program! I hope the construction goes even faster than scheduled.

Joanne