Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Sketchbook Project


Well, I finally completed my book for The Sketchbook Project so it's winging it's way to Brooklyn! My theme was Lines and Grids. Because of the number of photos I took, I loaded them to flickr. You can view them here. I did not actually do any sketching but created a mixed media book. It ended up 2 inches thick! I so badly wanted to do more to the cover but the restrictions for the exhibit prohibited anything hanging on or out of the book. Because of the books bulk, I created a tie inside to hold all the pages together since it couldn't be added on the outside. Each participant was sent the same size sketchbook. Obviously, I took mine completely apart and made a totally different book out of it but still kept the original covers. Hope you enjoy looking at it.

No comments: