Thursday, January 6, 2011

I'm baaaaaccckkkkk



Ok, so maybe not exactly 100% but almost. I just spend the last few days, several hours worth (and I do mean several) turning in proposals for CREATE being held in May in Costa Mesa, CA. I sent in 9 proposals and now crossing my fingers, saying prayers, and waiting to see if I am accepted! While I"m not crazy about the fact that I'd need to drive, I would be crazy about doing it and am thankful that it's only about a 6 hour drive to haul all my supplies. I can't afford to go further and have to ship all this stuff! I'm anxious to find out what it's really like to go teach out of state. With the proposals, I had to send in a couple of photos of myself. I don't have many since I'm always the one behind the camera so today, I had Hannah take one while I was at work! Here I am in my favorite section of the store, the handmade parent sheets of gorgeous papers!
I'm going to try my hand at making homemade chicken and dumplings for dinner tonight for the first time. I'm almost ashamed to say that seein' as I'm from Mississippi and all. I'm a disgrace to my family. It's shameful that I can be from the south with southern family, and be 46 having never made chicken and dumplings! OK, I'll admit, I hate ice tea too. So there....

I have hungry boys so I'm rollin' up my sleeves and getting that rolling pin out.... More catch up later.

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Good luck with your proposals!