Monday, May 30, 2011

Progress report




Well, it's almost 4 in the afternoon and I've been cleaning stuff out in the studio all day. I've stopped for a snack and thought I'd post a progress photo. In the back left, you see the big basket? That's stuff I'm not keeping. And in the chair just behind that are all empty plastic bins!!!!!! I still have a LONG way to go. I want to go through everything, reorganize, label, etc...Then I can maximize my creative time knowing what I have and where it is. And, going through stuff sparks new ideas!

Also, here is my first piece of rust fabric! In my cleaning out process, I found a bag of onion skins and decided to experiment with dying with those so I'll show results of that later. I need to collect some purple skins.

My boys have been with their dad all weekend and are due home at 6. I will be hanging out with them watching Gilligan's Island. We just got another disc in the mail from Netflix! We've also been watching Green Acres! Funny... when I watched it as a kid, I never questioned why Oliver insisted on wearing his attorney clothes to farm. Why didn't he get overalls?

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

I'm really impressed with the progress you've made (I'm waaay behind you in this).The rust fabric looks great; I look forward to seeing the onion ring fabric. Oliver had to be dressed to keep up with Eva Gabor.