Thursday, May 17, 2007

A clean space isn't all it's cracked up to be....

OK, so I got the clean studio I had been dreaming of and working on for months only to find that it sorta' zapped my creative flow right outta' my brain. I've barely even done anything kind of art. Part of me just doesn't want to mess it up and the other part just doesn't feel like doing it period! I've had a bunch of stuff going on and have been battling major sinus headaches but I've done very, very little creative stuff and it just feels yucky! So all of you that have a messy studio... well, at least you are having fun!

I did sorta' start a piece for the Quilting Arts "doorway challenge" but I think I may be insane to attempt it.

I got together with Fran today after not seeing her for 10 days! That's WAY too long, I tell ya'... and we talked our heads off! LOL! I'm planning to go over to her house this Saturday since Chuck and all his guy friends have their annual "guy music weekend", which includes Ernest Borgnine this year... literally... they pick him up at the airport tomorrow! Anyway, Chuck will not be here and Fran's hubby is in an all day Poker tournament so I'm taking the boys over to swim.

I have boys calling me from bed so I have to run... arghhhhh....

5 comments:

Karen Owen said...

Angie, What music do the guys listen to? Or do they play music? Ernest Borgnine - interesting!

I'm sure you'll your art groove back soon - at least I hope so!

Karen

Joanne Huffman said...

Angie, I'll never have the problem of having too tidy a studio, but you have my sympathy. By the way, did you ever get feedback on the necklace you made for Earnest Borgnine's wife?
Joanne

Cindy Dean said...

I can totally relate to this. My room WAS clean but now it's not! I think there has to be a nice medium. Not too messy and not to clean! LOL Here's to creating!

Karen Campbell said...

You better get back in that clean room and dirty it up, girl ... ASAP! We need to see art!

Connie said...

so ang- take your art over to fran's and mess up her studio.
connie