Saturday, January 24, 2009

3:00 a.m.

Yes, I have been up since 3:00 a.m. I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. Spent quite a while talking to God, hashing out some things in my life, decisions that are being made, decisions that have to be made, etc... and then finally turned on the light to read for a while.

The sale of Zippy went through successfully so we are now down to one vehicle, which really creates transportation problems. While I just had a counseling appt. on Thursday, I have another one this morning (I told ya'll my life is in crisis) but Chuck needs the van so, my mom is coming over to stay with the kids and my step-dad is taking me to counseling. Mom and Dad to the rescue. I'm very thankful.

I'm also thankful that my bestest buddy, Fran's husband happens to be a Dr. because last night, I noticed that my foot, which I have been limping on since seeing the dermatologist on Thursday, had a red line running from the area cut on at the Dr. office and it was pretty swollen. I photographed it, sent it to Fran, and her hubby looked at it for me. A Dr. visit from home! LOL! I really just needed to know if I should be going to Urgent care or not. He said that obviously some infection was setting in and I'd probably need antibiotics. I just happened to have some, which he said were the right kind to do the trick. So, I took one last night, soaked my foot in epsom salt, and it does look better this morning although the red line is not completely gone. I'll soak it again in a bit and take another pill. I have to tell you that this being crippled sucks for my walking routine! I feel like I'm dying to walk. I'm even considering the possibility of find crutches and going out using those! That's called desperation! I am going to do some yoga today though. That will at least keep my muscles worked. I'll do whatever I have to do to keep from gaining my weight back. Not gonna' happen.

So, I'm not sure what is going on for the rest of the day but I suspect a nap will be needed later on. What is everyone else doing today?

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

I doubt that you'd gain back weight if you took one or two days off to take care of yourself. Relax. Give your body time to heal.

Joanne

Maija said...

Take care of your foot!
I think I'll craft today!
oxox