Sunday, January 18, 2009

Starting something new

Many artists I know are participating in a photography project for the next year. The purpose is to document something in your daily life with one photo every day, for a year. I'd like to do this and am trying to consider exactly what format I want to do it. Many people do scrapbooks, but I just don't have time to deal with that. I think I'll keep it digital for now and am thinking maybe a second blog just for my photos for this project. Most of these projects are called "Project 365". I think I'm going to call mine something like "A day in the life- Up close and personal". Anyway, thought I'd share my picture for today. This is one that very much defines what I do on Sunday mornings as long as there is no rain... I blow my hair out straight. And I know I need to get a haircut when it takes me 30 minutes to straighten it as it did this morning. While I didn't actually take this photo myself today, I had Sam take it but it does depict something of my life.
Obviously this was taken before I got to my make-up. If you have curly hair and want to straighten it, you have to do it when it's wet! If you let it dry much, you never get it straight. I do, however, use a really large round brush. Many people now use a flat iron.

This evening, I took Max to hike the mountain and he really made me feel old. This kid just took off and didn't even get winded while running up the mountain! He really showed his old mom up! And here I was under the illusion that I was doing pretty good going up that mountain. He enjoyed going though and I got a good work out trying to keep up with him. Since they are out of school tomorrow, I have to figure out my walk around them but Max has already requested a bike walk. So, guess that's on the agenda for tomorrow.

Church was good this morning. I'm in a class on prayer and we are looking at our misconceptions and what are the things that shape our view of God and prayer. It was an interesting and revealing morning.

I'm really tired now and am heading for bed already.

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Very good beginning. And, I like the idea of a blog for your photos and journaling.

Joanne