Friday, April 4, 2008

Is it really Friday already?

This week has flown!  Here's a bit of catch up:
Monday: Max was home from school sick with the stomach virus still.  So plans I had needed to be cancelled.

Tuesday: Women's Bible Study- we are doing watercolor with meditation on Psalm 23

Wednesday: Fran and I had planned to go back to the Desert Botanical Garden but she wasn't feeling up to it since she'd been out running all the day before so, I went out to her house.  We watched 2 Quilting Arts shows via Tivo, chatted, she looked things up in her books preparing for her European trip while I gutted books to make collage packets.  I had to leave by noon since my boys had early release.  Sam's two best friends from school came with us for the afternoon and I took them to play at McDonald's while I read. Then Chuck and I had a meeting that evening so our trusty babysitter was here.

Thursday: I spent the whole morning at church.  This week has been our week of non-stop 24/7 prayer.  The entire sanctuary has been turned into a quiet, peaceful room of prayer with various interactive prayer stations.  The theme is The Lord's Prayer, which is what part of my large canvas was for.   It's an amazing experience.

After school, Sam went home with a friend so I brought Max's two best friends with me and took them to a park.  While they played, I painted!  I need to photograph the journal pages so I can post them.
Last night, about 10:00, Sam woke up very sick.  I didn't know if he caught the virus Max had earlier this week or if it was the huge bag of hot cheetos that he ate cuz that time last night was the only time he was sick.  I kept him home today but he's been totally fine and normal.  I dunno...

Today:  Well, I have worked on some journal stuff, gift stuff for a friend, and done boring house stuff like laundry, dishes... blah, blah, blah....

Here's a picture of a journal spread I did last night.  I read Teesha Moore's lastest "Art & Life" zine and was very encouraged to get on with journaling in a more intuitive way.  I think this spread is somewhere in between intuitive and planning.  I certainly didn't over think it and it's in now way anything like Teesha's amazing stuff but it's mine.  I just used images I had already torn out of magazines and stashed.  I think this came after spending 3 hours at church this morning!  I had really wanted to go back today but Sam being home changed the plan.  I'm thinking of getting up around 5:00 tomorrow morning and going for a couple of hours before my kids get up.  The 24/7 time is up at 7:00 tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

I like this -- I too have started journalling this way -- it's taking me a little while to get my "voice" to get the feel of what I'm doing, without being influenced by how others have been doing this for so long...glad to know I'm not alone in the process!!

Crafting Queen said...

What a wondeful idea and so creative.

Gillian said...

Hi Angie, I think you have expressed your belief in Jesus perfectly in this journal entry, I love that All Hands and eyes are raised to Jesus!

must start an art journal, I keep promising myself I will...You've inspired me!