Friday, June 27, 2008

A little artwork


My cactus blossom book has inspired me to make some separate pieces of fiber art similar to my pages. I will be mounting these onto 300 lb. watercolor paper. Here's my first piece done today. I already made up several transfers, cut background fabric, and timtex to size so it's just a matter of the composition and sewing. And since I'd never actually put ALL my fabrics away from the book making session, most of my fabrics needed for this are out already! :)

4 comments:

jackie said...

This is lovely, Angie! And I loved seeing the detail when I clicked the photo to enlarge it - wow, so many textures and colors! This will look very nice displayed on your heavy water color paper.
hugs,
jackie

Andi said...

Angie...lovely as well!! You do this so beautifully...I think you've found a niche here girl!! Original art and fabric mounting...I love it!!
hugs, Andi

Joanne Huffman said...

Angie, this is just as cool as the pages in the book. I love the way you're using your photo transfers and fabric together. Are you making a series of wall hangings?

Joanne

Aileen said...

Nice color combinations Angie! how will you mount them to the watercolor paper?