Thursday, May 8, 2008

A new palette


I've had this little watercolor set from a dollar store for a while. The paints were bright, gorgeous color yet no pigment on paper. What do you expect for a dollar? So, I soaked them in water and popped them out of the wells! I recently acquired a new stash of watercolors in tubes, which I love. So, I refilled the wells with paint I like, let them dry, and now I have another palette with a wide range of colors to use for travel! I made a little layout of the colors on a scrap piece of watercolor paper made to look exactly like the palette for when I need to refill it. I have that in my journal. I have all my paint and journal stuff ready to pack but that's about it! Shows where my priorities are! ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are beautiful colors on your pallet. Great story also

Joanne Huffman said...

Love your palette solution and the photo of it is great. Your bee drawing is a great tribute to a miraculous species. Have a great time on your trip to the ocean.

Joanne

Lisa Gallup said...

This "refilling of the watercolor wells" is a FAB idea!! And such beautiful colors! Hope all is well with you!

Maija said...

Very clever idea Angie!!