Saturday, July 28, 2007

Back to buildings and other good news!


Well, I've let a couple of weeks slip by not working on the last few buildings I have to do for the Skyline/Skyscraper swap. I managed to do one today. Up until now, I have liked my buildings but I wasn't feeling the tug about letting any of them go, although I love the Jewish synogogue, but, today's little church is going to be hard to part with and I may ahve to try to make a duplicate as much as I hate doing that kind of thing. This little church is called "The Chapel of Undying Love". I started with a page from a tiny prayer book. The scripture is from John where Jesus talks about going to Heaven to prepare a place for us "for in my Father's house are many mansions..." I thought, "wow, how appropriate!". Once it was glued down, I added some glaze on top of it. Then, I sewed on a transparency of a photo I took of Max's hands in a praying position. They are the perfect shape! :) I did a tiny cut out in the opening of his fingers in the top and pieces in a tiny picture of Jesus on the cross. The vintage photo of the young girl is Chuck's grandmother at her first communion. I added a metal roof cut with decorative scissors and then a silver pen to detail a little around the photos, etc.. I added the words "undying love" that I found in a book, which happened by chance to be in a poem about God's love! I LOVE this little piece... and I love the imperfect roofline which was not planned by me to be that way, it just turned out that way. To me,it represents our imperfection and God's abundant grace. Anyway, I LOVE this one and I just don't know that I can part with it!

And for the good news, I sold my S&H Green stamp journal this morning! I made two sales in my Etsy shop by 9:30 this morning! I'm one happy camper!

Well, I need to go shower and get ready and also get the boys bathed. Some dear friends of ours are moving to Denver and they are having a farewell open house tonight. I will really miss Stephanie. She will always hold a very sweet, dear spot in my heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Angie, I don't think I could let this one go either. You should keep it.
Congrats on all of your sales!!!
shirley

Joanne Huffman said...

lovely chapel! And it's cool to read the explanation.
Joanne

Anonymous said...

this i so wonderful