Monday, July 16, 2007

Pajama day

Today was one of my favorite kinds of days... those where I go no where and stay in my pajamas all day! It was a busy weekend so today, I just hung out. Saturday, I did some big time cleaning in my house which is why I got to be lazy today! We had friends from out of state here yesterday so it was nice to catch up with them.

Yesterday, while sitting in church, a problem I've been tossing around in my brain and throwing up to God, was solved in a split second. No, I can't tell you what the pastor was saying at that moment but God met me and answered my prayer. It is about a special project that I wanted to start and I got to wake up early this morning and get started before anyone else got out of bed. And, the project has to remain top secret for a while... even from my best friend. Sorry Fran... when you finally get to see it, you'll understand! :) Keeping a secret from Fran will be the biggest torture ever... especially when it has to do with art!

I put together all my trades for Art Unraveled this weekend too. I didn't want to make stuff for trades...too lazy. I did put together some hefty ephemera packages that measure 9x12 inches! And also some little fabric/vintage lace gift bags for all the women taking Katie Kendrick's doll class. Every year, I always seem to wait until the very last minute to make some sort of name badge for the retreat, but today, I almost have it finished! I refuse to spend a lot of time on a name badge. I did mine out of found objects this year. My base of the piece is a bit of an old computer board. I added on a shift key from an old keyboard and then did a patina on it. AFter that dried, I added some rusty meta. and an old chain with a lobster claw clip that has a natural patina. I still have to stamp my name on the computer key but the badge looks pretty cool. I'll photograph it tomorrow and post the photo.

This afternoon, I sat down and watched a movie rental with my boys and it was such a good movie! It is called "A Wrinkle in Time" and it was so good that I actually got out the case to see who wrote the movie! When I saw the author, I was like "Ohhhhh,, that explains it." It's Madeleine L'Engle. I highly recommend the movie. It was very thought provoking and well done, in my opinion. However, because I love books so much and they are always better than the movies, now I need to get the book!

Speaking of books, I just finished a great one! It's called "The Glass Castle" and was written by Jeannette Walls. It is a memoir, however, I didn't realize this until I was into the story a couple of chapters. Her childhood was really bizarre. It was a great book, fast read, and one I couldn't put down.

Monsoon season has apparently come to stay for this year. Yesterday, I swear, was the hottest day of the year. Maybe not temperature wise but you add in the humidity, and OMG, I felt like I was melting! It was the first day I've broken a sweat all summer, I kid you not! Humidity is so gross! It's thundering outside right now but if it's anything like the thunderstorm we got yesterday morning at 4:30, there won't be a single drop of rain... all the moisture will just hang in the air until it starts dripping off our bodies. YUK!

Tomorrow, mom is coming over for a haircut and I think I'll snag her and coach her through cutting a few inches off of mine too. Turn about is fair play, right? Then, we are going to get Sam some new tennis shoes and see if Max can find a backpack that he likes for kindergarten!

Well, I'm going to go lay in bed and read. I just started a new book today called "The Rapture of Canaan." Oh! What's that sound? RAIN! It's really raining! I don't remember the last time it rained... it was the last time I washed my van. That's sorta' the way to get rain in Arizona... wash your car.

1 comment:

Fran S said...

Keeping a secret? Oh, this better be a good one, Angie! LOL Miss you!