Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lazy day

Well, I ended up getting dressed and out of pajamas when I realized that silk kimono sleeved pajamas were not practical to have on washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen. Those are wonderful to wear fresh out of a bath to lounge in but not do stuff in. So, I got dressed. I got some things cleaned up and papers packaged for a swap I'm in. (Fran, I know what you are thinking and I promise, it's not a commitment swap... only sending paper that is bound into a journal which will be sent back to me!) Fran holds me accountable in my commitments... if I tell her about them first! LOL! Anyway, got that stuff packaged and I did consider going through some boxes in my studio but since I don't really have anywhere to put stuff yet, it just isn't practical! I ended up taking a really long nap this afternoon! ;) When I got up, I decided that I'd better go walk and try to work some of the soreness out of my muscles. I'd like to take Max on a mountain hike tomorrow and need to be able to actually do it! I still have to find somewhere for Sam to go or it would be like dragging a ball and chain up the mountain. I took the boys on my walk with me, Max on a scooter and Sam on his bike. They enjoyed it and it felt good to go. And oh my gosh, did you guys see the moon tonight? When it was still low in the sky, it was enormous! Venus is really bright and big tonight too. Well, I'm itchin' to do some artwork and can't decide what I really want to work on next. I think I need to paint.. but I'm deciding on the subject matter and if I'm up for acrylic or watercolor. A friend in N.C. asked me the other day if I ever do any "power animals" such as a lion, tiger, etc... Obviously I love cats and that includes big ones. I am brainstorming a lion in my head but am thinking something a little different than what would be characteristic of my style. There is an artist that I follow on my Google reader who does AMAZING paintings of horses that are somewhat abstract and very vivid in color. I love the loose style and think it would be a cool way to paint a lion. And I'm thinking hot colors. I'm brainstorming. I need to find the perfect inspiration photo to use for the face. I also have some unfinished projects I woud like to work on as well.

Gotta' go throw some clothes in the washer.. the never ending job of motherhood....

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

I bet you would do an incredible lion painting.

Joanne

Kim said...

Thank you for stopping by, Angie, and especially for your prayers. I could see a beautiful lion in those desceptively simple watercolor strokes that look so easy and are so hard! I just took laundry out, so I surely know what you mean, though my two are older. Can't wait to see the lion...