Sunday, January 4, 2009

update

Ok, if you do not suffer from headaches, stop right where you are NOW and send up a prayer of thanksgiving to God Almighty. I mean it. Do it! Be grateful! It has been a difficult and painful day. One of my fellow artists left me a comment to use hot, wet towels. Well, by this time, I realized that this wasn't just another headache but a migraine. I don't get them often but when I do, they are hard to get rid of. I took my prescription migraine meds and ran a hot bath. Just before I got in, Chuck came home and took the boys out for a while. So now I didn't have to feed or listen to noisy, fighting boys. Peace and quiet have settled over my house. So, I got in the hot bath and wrapped wet towels around my head like a turban and placed another across my eyes and sunk myself down in the tub low enough to not drown myself. I also spent some time doing yoga stretches for my neck. I have to say that combined with the meds, the headache is easing off a bit. I HATE how the meds make me feel all woozy and loopy but it's better than the pain. So Val, thanks for the great advise. For those of you who suffer headaches, remember this! It helps!

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

I am so sorry to see what you go through with the headaches. I wish you peace and quiet and recovery.

Joanne