Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I've been tagged

Well, I've been tagged by my friend Linda, to list 6 things about myself so here goes:

1. I have been a nail biter on and off my whole life. When I was 16 and got braces, I could no longer bite them and they grew like claws, which I faithfully painted nightly to match my outfit the next day. (I did my toenails to match too… even though no one would see them) Into my adulthood, I’ve gone through periods of biting and stopping, biting and stopping, etc.. I can sorta’ stop at will! I’ve been biting them since Max was born and then, a couple months ago, my bottom tooth chipped a piece off when I was biting my nails and now I have nice long nails again and thanks to a good dentist, my tooth is fixed too!

2. I LOVE board games, especially Scrabble. When I play games, I can get really competitive and almost obsessed with playing. When I was once really good at shooting pool. When I was in 8th grade, I played pool that summer from early in the morning until closing time at the base youth center. I got really, really good… however, I almost developed a major eating disorder because I quit eating so I could play pool! My mom nipped that in the bud pretty quick.

3.) I have a horrible fear of the ocean. Not being at it or looking at it, but being IN it! I mean, major panic fear. And it’s manifesting itself more now because I have kids that want to go in it. I almost can’t even sit on the beach and watch them. I’m a wreck. I was stung up badly by a nest of Portugese-man-o-war when I was I kid and that ended my ocean swimming forever.
4.) I love making up really goofy silly songs with my kids, especially in the car. Max will often go along with me and we’ll go back and forth singing our conversation instead of talking. Sam just thinks I’m weird. Although sometimes, he’ll ask me, “How do you know that song?” And I tell him I made it up!
5.) My first record ever purchased was Rick James “Superfreak”. I Love black funk and I love to dance to it. Through high school, the only music I listened to was done by all black artists. Although Earth, Wind, and Fire aren’t what I call “funk”, they were the first band I ever saw in concert. The most fun concert I ever went to, while in high school, was with a group of girls to see Kool and the Gang and Skye! Anyway, now that I’m older, now prefer complete silence whenever possible and my favorite music is instrumental, especially keyboards. I LOVE Jim Brickman! However, I still love hearing the funk music sometimes!
6.) I am part Choctaw Indian and no one would ever know. My cousin actually went to college on a grant because of it. I guess you have to be a certain percentage and prove the tribal relation, etc… she found out all the info and did it. I can just imagine them laughing me out the door of admissions…..

Now, I'm suppose to tag 4 people. Hmmmm, let's see... I really wish I knew how to make people's names clickable that would take you directly to their links... Linda, how the heck do you do that? Anyway, I tag Karen BP, DJ, Deryn, and Katie. Of course, they have to actually read my blog to know they are tagged, huh?

No comments: