Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A day in bed

Yes, this was me most all day today... when I wasn't taking hot showers or sleeping with heat packs on my head. Today, I had a fierce migraine and if you think I look terrible in this picture, it's like a pin-up girl picture compared to how I've actually felt! I finally got rid of the nausea long enough to get down some hummus and pita so I could take meds. I barely got 3 bites down but it was enough for my stomach to handle the medicine. I hate that a whole day was wasted in bed. But, it's gone now and I'm so glad! I did have to miss a mammogram. Bummer. You all know how disappointing it is not to get your breasts flattened! LOL! Gawd, I know ya'll realize I'm joking. It's like a curse that I've avoided past time. I haven't had one in two years because I was so sore (for like 6 weeks) after the last one. I dread this like the plague. So the headache bought me another week of painless boobs.

This made me smile today. This is Max's attempt to really antagonize his brother. That sneaky little stinker loves to make his older brother mad so he took Sam's newest Beanie baby and wrote this note. Ahhh, the stuff a 6 year old comes up with. Well, almost 7. He's been counting the days on a calendar so we only have about 3 weeks left to the countdown.

And now it's time to get these guys wrangled up for bed and do some reading.

3 comments:

Judy Whitehead said...

Angie, hope tomorrow is a much better day for you! {{{{hug}}}}

Maija said...

I'm so sorry you had amigraine. I have had 2 in my entire life, and I can't imagine have them on a more frequent basis!

Joanne Huffman said...

Angie, I hope you're feeling better. I'm happy to see you back blogging. I love the photo of your dinner Max prepared - what a sweetie! Good luck with the proposal for AU (I sent mine in, too). I hope you get your kittens, if not as a present then by a trip to the animal shelter where you pick out 2 who speak (meow?) to you. Take care of yourself.

Joanne