Sunday, October 12, 2008

my poor, poor computer

Well, I took my computer into the Apple store yesterday to find that they will have to put I a new hard drive.  First, I'm thankful it's covered under warranty.  Secondly, I'm feeling some panic over it... actually, a lot of panic.  Nothing has been backed up on my computer since I got it last Christmas.  Chuck was in the process of creating a system in the house where all 3 computers would tie into a central back up system and get automatically backed up daily.  However, my computer crashed before he finished it.  All my photos are my main concern.  I feel sick to even think about it.  Hundreds of photos.  Also all the weeks of work on my class proposals, etc...  I'm praying they will be able to recover everything.  I should have it back at earliest tomorrow but as late as Wednesday.  I can't wait to have it back.  I hate using my kids computer.  Their mac keyboard is so different from mine and I make a ton of typos on it.!

Chuck tried to load Sam's photo software onto their computer in order to download all the photos from Sam's camera, which is full right now.  No luck.  Wouldn't work.  so, the plan I had with my boys to go to the Desert Botanical Garden flew out the window.  We were all so disappointed.  But what we like going for is to photograph everything!  

Our temperatures have really cooled off here.  Yesterday, our high was 77!!!!!!!!!!  For those of us use to 100+ degree temps., it feels like a huge cold front!  My favorite temps. are 45-65 degrees so we're almost there.  However, our cold snap is heading back up the chart as it is suppose to be back in the mid 90's by the end of the week.  That's still gorgeous weather for us and really is not that hot since we don't have the humidity.  THAT'S what will kill you!

I ended up taking the boys to a late breakfast park picnic with McDonald's burritos.  Then I played football with Max while Sam took pictures and made movies with my camera.  We then went to the Apple store.

When we got home, three nights of not enough sleep hit me like a ton of bricks.  I had to lay down.  I slept for almost 3 hours!  Then I got up, got the boys bathed, and took them to a movie.  We saw City of Ember.  It was a good movie.  Interesting.  not my favorite ever but it was good.  We saw Beverly Hills Chihuahua last weekend and it was so cute, but, we had a family that sat behind us that had no business in the theatre.  Rude doesn't even begin to describe it.  Selfish, would be another word.... oh, and let's not forget inconsiderate.  There was non-stop talking, a young one who never sat down but instead banged our seats the whole time, and a baby that fussed and cried through most of the movie and these people would not take the baby out.  Since I am hearing impaired, I missed a LOT of the movie dialog simply because all I could hear was this family, especially the baby.  I was pretty ticked off by the end and next time, I'll go get theatre management.  I would never inflict my selfish desires on an entire theatre of people who have paid their money to come relax with their family.  When I had small kids, no matter where I was, when they couldn't be calmed right away, we left, whether it was a theatre, restaurant, store... anything.  Yes, it was inconvenient for me, but considerate for everyone else.   Why should others be punished?  OK, so I'll stop my rant.  Anyway, I'll wait for that particular movie to come out on DVD and rent it so I can have my sub-titles.  I LOVE closed caption options!  I'd like to kiss the feet of the person who came up with that idea!

I need to go shower and get ready for church.

No comments: