Saturday, October 18, 2008

What a day!

I am worn out. What a day of physical exhaustion! I spent so many hours moving furniture, book case, stuff around the room, cleaning out, cleaning up, organizing etc... And now the elliptical machine in the main living area. Then, I had to go to the grocery store. When I got back and put all the groceries away, I passed out for almost 2 hours. I didn't sleep well last night at all so the day really wiped me. I can count on one hand the number of nights I've suffered insomnia, and last night was one of them. Once I did manage to get to sleep, I had weird dreams all night and didn't sleep that many hours. Anyway, enough of that. I got a lot done and some things reorganized in the boys room. And, I cleaned out their book case and magazine rack. Look how nice! I counted over 30 books on ocean life alone. Sam went through a 2 year phase obsessed with sharks and other ocean life. By the time he was in kindergarten, he could rattle off facts to his teacher that made her feel dumb! She'd often call and tell me about different instances. When Sam gets interested in something, he researches and memorized everything he can about the subject. There's also quite a selection on snakes and insects. Now he seems to enjoy his National Geographic Kids magazines more than anything. When one comes in the mail, the look on his face is like someone handed him a gold bar!

While at the grocery store today, I couldn't pass up one of these gorgeous and delicious organic heirloom tomatoes! Isn't it beautiful? I decided that half of it was dinner! I added some buffalo mozzarella and a couple slices of Black Forest Ham. Yummy!
The flavor of these tomatoes remind me of those grown in Mississippi. They have the most amazing flavor, unlike most of them we get in stores here, which I refuse to buy. These cost a pretty penny so they are a special treat.

I now have boys waiting for me to read with them so guess I'd better run!

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

You are a whirlwind of household chores. I am very impressed (not impressed enough to follow your lead, but still impressed).

Joanne